Hong Kong is opening the border. NO QUARANTINE is needed now! 🎉
Hong Kong government has updated the new inbound measure recently, here is the summary for your easy reading:
According to new measures, amber code is canceled starting from 2022/12/14, meaning visitors can dine in restaurants right after they arrive in HK (0+0).
The current arrangement is as follows:
Before the flight: 🛫
1) Check and fulfill the HK government list of approved vaccines (https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/list_of_recognised_covid19_vaccines.pdf)
Read this for Vaccination requirements (https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html#Vaccination)
2) Do a self-test within 24 hours of flight departure time
3) Go to HK Department of Health's online system (www.chp.gov.hk/hdf/), declare the self-test result, and get a green code
4) Present the green code to the airline staff while check-in
After Arrival: 🛬
Day 0: Compulsory PCR test at HK airport upon arrival
Day 1: Do a self-test and declare the result to the online system
Day 2: Compulsory PCR test at community centers (https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html#arrangementsontesting)
Day 3: Do a self-test and declare the result to the online system
Day 4: Do a self-test and declare the result to the online system
Day 5: Do a self-test and declare the result to the online system
What if... I am tested positive upon arrival?
You will be sent to a quarantine hotel/ community facility center to complete a five-day minimum isolation period if you get negative on rapid antigen tests on the 4th and 5th day.
As the inbound control measures may change at any time, so this information is only valid until the next change.
Keep subscribing to our newsletter and we will keep you updated.
For the details, please visit
Official government website: https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html
- Masks in public, 24/7
- Vaccine Pass requirement to key venues(e.g. supermarkets, malls, government offices and hospitals)
- Restrictions on bars and clubs - need a photo of a negative result from a rapid test in the past 24 hours with name, time and date written on it
Little Prediction 📖
Based on some media and our observation, it's LIKELY that a further loosen measure will be rolled out in Feb/ March.
Wish to see you soon in HONG KONG in March 😄
Date: March 1 - 5 (Wed - Sun), 2023
Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Harbour Rd, Wan Chai
Booth No.: 5G-C02 (by the entrance of Hall 5)